Employment Opportunities at Rainbow Harvest Farm
If you are interested in any of the below opportunities, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
MOBILE MARKET OPERATOR
The mobile market operator will be the face of our new Mobile Market currently being built by “The Farmers’ Truck” www.thefarmerstruck.com. The mobile market will visit communities in Western Massachusetts including Holyoke, Chicopee, Springfield, Turners Falls, and Greenfield to increase the availability of fresh local food by offering fresh produce and other food items for sale and promoting nutrition education and food access programs such as the (SNAP) Healthy Incentives Program. The mobile market operator will coordinate closely with the farm owner and community partners to roll out the mobile market program in July 2021. Initially, the truck will begin operating 2-3 days a week, with the potential for additional routes. Additional farm hours performing other tasks may be an option as well. Pay will be commensurate with experience, starting at $16-$18/hour. Interested individuals should submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prepare the mobile market displays and suppliers prior to leaving Greenfield for market routes.
- Drive 20' box truck to scheduled destinations, arriving and leaving each stop on time.
- At each stop, quickly refresh/restock displays to ensure superior presentation.
- Sell produce and other food items with a cheerful and knowledgeable presentation.
- Provide regular detailed feedback to farm owner on all successes and challenges.
- Maintain a regular daily cleaning schedule for the mobile market truck and related equipment.
- Monitor equipment performance and notify owner immediately of any concerns or irregularities.
- Set up and maintain produce displays for optimal quality and customer experience.
- Documentation of daily market activities including vehicle mileage, sales, shrink, customer & site host feedback and other data.
- Picking up products from farms/businesses and delivering unsaleable products to food pantries as needed.
- Communicate any product or other concerns to owner in a timely manner.
- Strict adherence to all Covid-19 protocols set by government, site agreements, or company policy.
- Passion for social justice and healthy food access.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with community partners, customers, businesses, and local government entities.
- Highly motivated, positive, energetic, friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic
- Excellent organizational, multitasking and time management skills.
- Ability to work well alone and with a small team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with diverse populations (ethnic, economic, education, etc)
- Bilingual/Multilingual abilities a plus, particularly seeking the ability to communicate in Spanish.
- Valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and a reliable mobile phone are essential.
- Preferred experience driving a box truck or other large vehicle.
- Retail sales experience preferably food/produce related.
- Serv-safe certified preferred
- Preferred qualification- Proficient with basic computer software for documentation, spreadsheets, and graphic design