Employment Opportunities at Rainbow Harvest Farm
If you are interested in any of the below opportunities, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
GREENHOUSE PRODUCTION ASSISTANT -2.6.21
The Greenhouse Production Assistant is responsible for carrying out the seedling production plan provided by the farm owner which includes vegetables, herbs, and flowers. This person will primarily work alone, but in close communication with the farm owner. The right candidate will be comfortable working solo and must have excellent observation and communication skills, a good sense of humor, positive attitude, and be eager to learn. Pay is commensurate with experience ($14-16/hour). This position will be 18-30+ hours/week from Mar 1 through June with more hours during the peak nursery season of mid-April to early June. There may be opportunities for other farm/market related work after that time period. If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mixing soil and filling trays and pots
- Seeding and transplanting
- Monitoring and maintaining plant health and communicating any issues promptly
- Communicating with nursery plant customers via phone, text and email
- Preparing plant orders for pickup/delivery
- Delivering plants to local customers
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work area in and around the greenhouses
- Other related responsibilities not defined here.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Experience growing common vegetables, herb, and flower plants.
- Prior greenhouse experience preferred.
- Passion for local organic food
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well organized
- Positive attitude
- Detail oriented
- Efficient at completing repetitive tasks.
- Ability to lift 50# repeatedly and safely maneuver heavy objects.
- Creative problem solver
MOBILE MARKET MANAGER -2.6.21
The mobile market manager will be the face of our new Mobile Market currently being built by “The Farmers’ Truck” www.thefarmerstruck.com. This is a key position in establishing this new market and requires a passion for social justice and food access work. The mobile market will visit communities in Western Massachusetts including Holyoke, Springfield, Turners Falls, and Greenfield to increase the availability of fresh local food by offering fresh produce and other food items for sale and promoting nutrition education and food access programs such as the (SNAP) Healthy Incentives Program. The mobile market manager will coordinate closely with the farm owner and community partners to roll out the mobile market program in July 2021. Work hours will be flexible in May-June for program development. Once the truck is operating in July, the goal is for a 32-40 hour/week position through December or until it is too cold to operate the truck. There is potential to become a year-round position with a highly motivated market manager. Pay will be commensurate with experience, starting at $16-$18/hour. Interested individuals should submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by 4.1.21
- Develop community partnerships with individuals, organizations, and agencies that support food access.
- Work with farm owner to develop, evaluate and maintain a mobile market route.
- Propose and secure route stops and work with potential site hosts to develop lasting partnerships.
- Work with owner to develop mobile market policies, SOPs, and site agreements.
- Work with partners to produce and provide healthy eating/nutrition education materials.
- Provide regular detailed feedback to farm owner on all successes and challenges.
- Maintain a regular daily cleaning schedule for the mobile market truck and related equipment.
- Monitor equipment performance and notify owner immediately of any concerns or irregularities.
- Set up and maintain produce displays for optimal quality and customer experience.
- Operation of the mobile market - selling fresh produce and other items to customers.
- Documentation of daily market activities including vehicle mileage, purchasing, sales, shrink, customer & site host feedback and other data.
- Picking up products from farms/businesses and delivering unsaleable products to food pantries.
- Communicate any product or other concerns to owner in a timely manner.
- Work with the owner on developing a non-profit entity to support the operations of the mobile market.
- Strict adherence to all Covid-19 protocols set by government, site agreements, or company policy.
- Passion for social justice and healthy food access.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with community partners, customers, businesses, and local government entities.
- Highly motivated, positive, energetic, friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic
- Excellent organizational, multitasking and time management skills.
- Ability to work well alone and with a small team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with diverse populations (ethnic, economic, education, etc)
- Bilingual/Multilingual abilities a plus, particularly seeking the ability to communicate in Spanish.
- Valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and a reliable mobile phone are essential.
- Preferred experience driving a box truck or other large vehicle.
- Retail sales experience preferably food/produce related.
- Serv-safe certified preferred
- Proficient with basic computer software for documentation, spreadsheets, and graphic design
- Experience with non-profit development is highly desirable but not necessary.